How to add page numbers in google docs
Adding page numbers to a Google Docs document is a straightforward process. How to add page numbers in google docs
Select Page Number Format: A submenu will appear with options for page number formatting. You can choose where you want the page numbers to appear: at the top of the page Header or at the bottom of the page Footer. Click on your preferred option.
- Choose Page Number Style: Another submenu will appear where you can select the style and format of your page numbers. You can choose from different styles such as Arabic numerals 1 2 3 Roman numerals I II III or letters A B C. Select your preferred style.
- Customize Page Number Position Optional: If you want to customize the position of the page numbers within the header or footer you can click on “Page number format” and make adjustments.
- Preview and Confirm: Google Docs will automatically add the to your document based on your selections. You can preview them in your document.
- Adjust Page Number Starting Point Optional: By default page numbers will start from the first page. If you want to start numbering on a different page you can place your cursor on the page where you want the numbering to begin go to “Insert” > “Page numbers” > “Page number format” and choose the appropriate starting number.
- Save Your Document: After adding page numbers make sure to save your document.
Google Docs should now have page numbers added according to your chosen style and format. The page numbers will automatically update if you add or remove content ensuring they stay accurate throughout your document.