How to do a hanging indent on google docs
To create a hanging indent in Google Docs for a 1000word article follow these steps:
Open Google Docs:
- If youre not already logged in to your Google account sign in.
- Click on the “Google Apps” icon nine dots in the upperright corner of the screen and select “Docs” from the list of available apps.
Create a New Document:
- Click on the “+ Blank” option to create a new blank document.
Type Your Article:
- Write your 1000word article in the document.
Select the Text:
- Click and drag your cursor to select the text that you want to format with a hanging indent. This could be the entire article or specific paragraphs.
Open the Ruler:
- If you dont see the ruler at the top of the Google Docs window go to “View” in the menu bar and make sure “Show ruler” is checked.
Set the Hanging Indent:
- On the ruler youll see two triangleshaped sliders. The top slider controls the left indent and the bottom slider controls the hanging indent.
- Move the bottom slider the small rectangle below the triangle to the right by dragging it to the desired hanging indent position. Typically a hanging indent is set at 0.5 inches or 1.27 cm. You can adjust this according to your preference.
Apply the Hanging Indent:
- Release the mouse button to set the hanging indent for the selected text.
Check Your Formatting:
- Look at your document to ensure that the selected text now has a hanging indent where the first line is aligned with the left margin and subsequent lines are indented.
Repeat as Needed:
- If you have multiple paragraphs or sections that require a hanging indent repeat steps 4 to 7 for each section you want to format this way.
Save Your Work:
- Dont forget to save your document regularly by clicking on “File” and then selecting “Save” or “Save as.”
That it! Youve created a hanging indent in Google Docs for your 1000word article. Remember to adjust the hanging indent settings according to your preferences and the specific formatting requirements of your article.