How to make a hanging indent on google docs
Creating a hanging indent in Google Docs for a involves formatting your text and adjusting the paragraph settings. How to make a hanging indent on google docs
- Open Google Docs:
- Go to and sign in to your Google account if youre not already logged in.
- Create or Open Your Document:
- Either start a new document by clicking on the “Blank” option or open an existing document where you want to apply the hanging indent.
- Write Your Article:
- Begin writing or paste your article into the document.
- Select the Text:
- Highlight the text or paragraphs where you want to apply the hanging indent. You can do this by clicking and dragging your mouse cursor over the desired text.
- Access the Paragraph Settings:
- Go to the “Format” menu in the top menu bar.
- Select “Paragraph styles” > “Normal text options” > “Paragraph settings.”
- Set the Hanging Indent:
- In the “Paragraph settings” dialog box find the “Special indent” section.
- Under “Indentation” locate the “First line” option.
- Set the measurement for your hanging indent. A common value is 0.5 inches or approximately 1.27 cm but you can adjust this based on your preferences.
- Make sure the “Before text” value is set to “0” or adjust as needed.
- Click “Apply.”
- View Your Hanging Indent:
- The selected text should now have a hanging indent where the first line is indented to the left and subsequent lines are indented further to the right.
- Continue Writing or Formatting:
- You can continue writing or formatting your article as needed.
- Save Your Document:
- Dont forget to save your work by clicking on the “File” menu and selecting “Save” or “Save as.”
You have created a hanging indent for your in Google Docs. Make sure to proofread and format your article for readability and style as you see fit.