Mental health blogger Beth Matthews
Beth Mathews was a mental health blogger who took her own life after taking a poison that she bought online from Russia. She died on 21 March 2022 after failing in front of the staff members at Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal. If you are interested to know all about mental health blogger Beth Matthews then you are at the right place. Read this article from start to end to get useful information.
Beth Mathews — Introduction
Mathews was a 26 years old mental health blogger. She was originally from Cornwall. She was being treated at the Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal, Heald Green on a secure ward. She had been kept and transferred to the Psychiatric Hospital for Specialist Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
She did an unsuccessful attempt of taking her life in April 2019 which she suffered from several life-changing injuries such as nerve damage, paralyzed bladder, broken bones, paralyzed bowel, chronic pain, and paralyzed foot all of which she confirmed in a tweet she posted on Twitter on February 2022.
After recovering from her first suicide attempt, she started a blog where she shares her experience with mental health and helps people to make their mental health better. She has a large following on social media and gains so much popularity among people. She has 26,000 followers on Twitter.
Beth Mathew’s First Unsuccessful Suicide Attempt
Beth Mathew first tried to take her life in April 2019. She attempt suicide but she was unsuccessful it caused many injuries to her that is why she suffered badly. According to her tweet that she posted on February 2022 on Twitter, she was suffered from several severe injuries in her first suicide attempt such as paralyzed bladder, broken bones, nerve damage, chronic pain, paralyzed bowl, and much more.
Attempting suicide and taking a life is not a solution to all the problems. A person should never give up in any situation and tried to think of a solution to his/her problem instead of attempting suicide.
Beth’s Mathew’s Second Suicide Attempt | Beth’s Death
Beth Mathews passed away on 21 March 2022 after taking a poisonous substance that she had ordered from Russia online. She told the staff that the substance was a protein powder. After her death, inquiries started to find out the causes of her death. The court heard that paramedics were said that on the day, Mathew had taken the overdose.
Assistant Coroner named Andrew Bridgman told that she had consumed a substance that came through the post rapidly became unwell, and she was taken to the hospital rapidly where she died. Mathew was dead at 3:55 PM at Wythenshawe Hospital.
The doctors in the emergency ward at Wythenshawe Hospital said that it was her opinion that Mathews suffered from a cardiac arrest due to the “Poisoning” from an unknown substance.
A paramedic named “Kate Barnes” said that when she came into the unit, the staff members told me that Mathews had a parcel delivered to the unit that she opened in front of staff and consumed the substance in it. The parcel contains a “Small Plastic container containing screw top.”
The inquiry was told that Mathews had consumed an unknown substance with an unknown amount. Doctors and hospital staff told that the patient was permitted to open their parcels while being supervised by the staff. The inquiry bench was told that the package had foreign writings on it and the substance had been purchased online.
Mathews’ mother states the court that her daughter was “an incredible character.” she was bright and vivacious and would light up the lives of everyone she met. Her mother described her as intelligent, articulate, and caring.
Mathews’ mother also told that she never reached To her potential because of her mental illness but people were attracted to her personality which was shown by her huge Twitter following.